In mid-February 2018, Hirschl & Adler moved to a luxurious new gallery space in The Fuller Building at 41 East 57th Street, on the corner of Madison Avenue.
It is an especially fitting new home. Opened in September 1929, the landmark Art Deco skyscraper was the headquarters of the George A. Fuller Construction Company, which had decided to move from its former home in the Flatiron Building as the center of New York City commerce marched uptown. Fuller commissioned the architectural firm of Walker & Gillette for the design, and lead architect Stewart A. Walker in turn hired Elie Nadelman to produce the bas-relief sculpture over its grand 3-story-high 57th Street entrance.
Our first exhibition, Bread & Salt, will be on view through April 7, 2018.